Monday, March 19, 2012

The Economics of Knitting - What Ever Happened to Van Der Rock Yarns?


I was trying to look up Van Der Rock Yarns recently and came across a post Stephanie put up after making the hard decision to discontinue her indie dyeing operation. You can read it here.

I'm bringing this to your attention because I interviewed Stephanie some time ago on my blog. You can see the interview here. I think that it's important that everyone knows just how hard it is to make a living in our industry. I'm sad that she couldn't make it work and I want to remind you that if you want great hand-dyed yarns we need to support these business's by buying their yarns.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I, too, am sad she couldn't make it work- even though I had never heard of her yarn. I'm glad she chose to share her story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It is frustrating that it isn't always possible to follow our dreams due to economics. More food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. It's too bad that making a beautiful product can't be enough to get by.

    ReplyDelete