Monday, October 8, 2012

Customizing Sweater Patterns

Glenna C. has been running a great series on her blog called "On the subject  of sweaters". It's a 6 part series that I highly recommend. 

I was particularly interested in her measurements which Glenna listed as: "I am a 5’9″ woman with a 37″ bust, 42″ hip, 16″ cross-shoulder measurement, and prefer a length of 24 ins for most fitted sweaters, and a 19-20″ sleeve. These are the key pieces of information I go in with when it comes to pattern modification."

Glenna  and I met for lunch recently and used the opportunity to get a photo of the two of us together.



Most knitters choose their size based on their bust measurement. Would you believe that we would most likely start with the same size? I am a 5’2″ woman with a 38″ bust, 36″ hip, 14″ cross-shoulder measurement, and prefer a length of 22.5 ins for most fitted sweaters, with a 16″ sleeve. 

Would you have looked at this photo and realized we would most likely start with the same size?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment